Happy Blogiversary to Me

I hate the word blog.  I always have.  I get where it came from and why it's easier to say than weblog.  It just sounds gross.  But after years of having stories to tell and no real discipline to sit down and write, I gave in and joined the world of blogging.  That was one year ago.  And so, as much as I despise all forms of the word blog, I have learned to love blogging.  And blog readers.  And blog comments.

It has been exactly one year and four days since The Potluck Diaries appeared on the internet.  I remember the day that I asked for blog name suggestions.  Jewels from Julie.  The Cat's Meow (I don't even like cats).  The list was long, and most of the options... well, they weren't really options.  My friends were throwing out suggestions left and right, and though their efforts were generous and appreciated, none of their names stuck.  Until "The Potluck Diaries".  If you read my one of my first blogs ever, I explained the name.  And it fit.  And so I began telling my stories, and you, all ten of you,  began reading.

And so this is my thank you to you.  Thank you for reading.  Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my tiny part of the internet and to share in my life, past and present.  Thanks for the reposts and the comments.  I love telling stories, and it makes it far more exciting when someone is there to read them.  I will post another real, actual blog later in the day, if time permits.  But for this morning, I just wanted to send out thanks and blessings to you and wishes for me to commit to another year of ridiculousness right here.  You know where to find me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts