Wednesday, February 23, 2011

34 Things I Will Do Before I Turn 34



I am a birthday announcer.  My entire family forgot my ninth birthday, and so I learned at an early age that I was responsible for my own birthday happiness.  And so I announce.  In preparation for this year's big day, which to be honest feels a little scarier than the ones that came before it, I am making a to do list.  I plan on updating you on my progress, complete with photographs when and if I remember to take them.  With some of these tasks, I need suggestions, so feel free to throw yours out there and help me on my way.  If you have your own suggestions for goals to add to the list, I am happy to consider those as well, even if it puts me over the 34 mark.
  1. Travel to Nashville, Tennessee.
  2. Lose 5 pounds.
  3. Write two new songs.
  4. Clean out my car... no, seriously.
  5. Get a pedicure.
  6. Listen to an entire Joni Mitchell album.
  7. Give $20 to a complete stranger.
  8. Go to the drive-in movies.
  9. Carry on one entire conversation in a British accent.
  10. Go on a date.
  11. Eat steak and spaghetti at Demos' restaurant.
  12. Give away all clothes that are too big.
  13. Give away all clothes that are too small. 
  14. Delete at least 5 Facebook friends that regularly annoy me.
  15. Fast for a day.
  16. Try some form of seafood to see if my tastes have changed, even though the thought of it makes me gag a little.
  17. Do yoga in the park on a sunny day.
  18. Ride in a convertible (Craig, this requires your cooperation).
  19. Watch one scary movie.  Not gory, just scary.  And I will take suggestions here.
  20. Skype with friends in New Zealand.
  21. Throw away most of the ex-boyfriend cards and letters that are taking up space in boxes.  Don't worry, I will keep the funniest ones for blackmail purposes.
  22. Listen to my ipod on shuffle for an hour WITHOUT skipping songs.  
  23. Make a list of things I will do before I turn 35.
  24. Unsubscribe to most of the store emails that I receive.  I never, ever read them. 
  25. Call my grandmother.
  26. Send out 5 handwritten letters.
  27. Find a new podcast that I love.  Taking suggestions here as well.
  28. Write two more blogs.
  29. Buy myself a birthday present.
  30. Have a picnic lunch. 
  31. Go visit the kids that I used to pick up for church on the van route and invite them to come back for my birthday Sunday.  I miss those kids.
  32. Have people over to my apartment for dinner.  Like more than 4.
  33. Play at a park, with or without children.
  34. During the song service at church, replace one word of a hymn with a swear word and sing it loudly to see if anyone notices.  This was my brother's suggestion, lest you all think I am going to hell.
So please stay tuned as I keep you updated on my progress.  And for those of you who are wondering, March 13.  Mark your calendars, friends.  Happy Birthday to Me.

3 comments:

  1. March 13 is the day Michael and I got engaged, so it's definitely a good day! :-) Have fund with your list. Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Podiobooks.com free audio books

    ReplyDelete
  3. #34... PRICELESS! That made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD! That is great! I can see it now!
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...