Weight Watcher's Biggest Loser

Since January of 2007, I have probably lost a total of 50 pounds on Weight Watchers, maybe more.  For six months, I counted, calculated, and measured every little thing that went into my mouth, and I lost 16 pounds to get me to my goal weight.  I was so excited.  My clothes fit again, and I didn't feel gross.  Then I went through a divorce and gained that back.  Then I moved to Texas.  For those of you who do not live here, let me tell you this.  For all that Texas lacks in changing seasons, mountaintop views, and humility, we do have the best Mexican food on the planet.  (Hey, I told you we lacked humility)  Handmade tortillas, cheesy enchiladas covered in chili sauce, and the best chips and salsa anywhere.  So I gained some more.  And for the two years that I have lived here, I have joined and rejoined Weight Watchers probably 6 times.  The check-in ladies know my name.  They have watched as I have gained and lost the same 9 pounds over and over again.  They are always encouraging, but I am waiting for the day that they tell me to give, that my current weight is fine.  Some day, they will refuse to take my money or let me weigh in.    

It's Monday morning, though.  Monday is the miniature New Year's Day.  Everything could change this week.  There is so much possibility in the next 7 days.  This could be the week where I finally decide to make use of the unused electronic food scale sitting on my kitchen counter.  I might have salads for lunch and actually go to the gym.  I could cook every meal at home and not have dessert.  I might skip Starbucks, and go for a walk instead.  I might end this week 3 pounds lighter than I started.  C'mon, girls.  It's Monday.  Who's with me? 

Comments

  1. Well I've been on a health kick since the spring. Like you, it's really just one of many health kicks. But for some reason I've stuck to it. I think it had something to do with watching myself played back on the big screen at church on Super Bowl Sunday. Me + Cupid outfit = disgusting. It made everyone laugh while making me cringe.
    Anyway, since sometime shortly after that I've lost a bunch of weight and actually feel good. Amazing how that works. So I guess you could say I'm "with you" on this one. Let's all get healthy and look better in Cupid costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I'm right there with you! I jumped off the wagon somewhere around birthday time(s) in August, and can't seem to find the stinkin' thing again. It keeps comin' 'round, but I keep missin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts